Tuesday, November 10, 2009

{ Operation Christmas Child }


Just popping in for a quick post tonight! Hope your week is going great...mine is off to a FAST start...but that is becoming the norm around here! LOL!


Have you ever filled a shoebox for Operation Christmas Child? Want to know more? Here's a link to their website:



I just love doing this each year and have been involved for a few years now. This year, our church youth group is also filling shoeboxes...can't wait to see how many we collect!


For the first time, I took my boys shopping with me for gifts for the shoeboxes this year. Why had I not done this before??? They really enjoyed picking out items & they had some great ideas!


Here are a few pictures taken the night we packed our boxes...it just makes you feel so good to know that you are making a difference for a child :o)


Joel tries to concentrate on his homework in the background while Jeremy gets organized...





Leave it to Joel to clown around...


Joel is very proud of his box of gifts...color coordinated in green :o)

So if you are looking for a fun family project, Operation Christmas Child is perfect! The kids will love it!

Thanks for stopping by! Take care!

Stacy

2 comments:

Lisa said...

We use to do this all the time! Sadly, I'm in search of a church home...have been for a couple of years. Going back and forth to Atlanta made it hard to settle into one church. Now...I'm in the habit of not going. But I'm working on changing that. Church has always been such a big part of my life. I feel like I'm missing something. KWIM? There are a couple I want to try so we will see.

Question. Did you comment on my layout for the stitched frame in the gallery at SS??? It sounds like you...I thought it was you...but usernames leave you wondering just a bit. If so, thanks for the sweet comment there and for sure thanks for the comment on my blog. If you make a flower border on a card be sure to let me know. I think that would be precious! Have a great weekend! OK? OK!!! lol! Love ya!

Star Rork said...

we do this too, my boys love it. Its a great experience for them.