Sunday, July 19, 2009

I think I will need a few more days...

to recover from Fowler Threshing Days activities! Too many late nights! I got a NICE nap in this afternoon, but I'm feeling like that may not have been enough! LOL! We finished the week out with a Dodgeball tournament on Thursday night (@ which I helped sell concessions), a volleyball tournament on Friday night (@ which I helped sell concessions) and then a full day of activities on Saturday, starting with a parade & ending with a street dance...lots of summer fun!!!


I have a quick layout to share tonight & then I think I will be enjoying the cool evening air on our back porch...


This layout was inspired by yet another sketch contest at the PageMaps blog. Up for grabs? A $50 gift certificate to EAD Designs!!! Here's the sketch:




I rotated the sketch and came up with "YOU & ME":




This layout didn't come together easily for me. Probably because I really wanted to use the My Mind's Eye background patterned paper 'cause I think it's really cool...but maybe I should have used something else??? Anyhoo...in the end, I'm happy with the layout & I LOVE this photo of Joel & I.


Supplies used: (It was fun to dig into my stash & used some old with some new!)

PP-My Mind's Eye-Out & About No. 1 Tiny Dots Paper & Front Porch by Traci Sims-Perfect Plaid, Sassafras-Serendipity-Owl Pals-Flirtation

Alpha-Sassafras cardstock stickers

Journaling strips-K & Company Wild Saffron Tag Pad

Paper Flowers-My Mind's Eye-Graceful

Button-American Crafts-Romance Flair Love

Ribbon-Offray-Sheer Petit Dot brown

Ticket-Making Memories-Vintage Findings

Rubon-Fancy Pants Delight (May kit @ Scrapbook Circle)

Card-Fancy Pants Delight (May kit @ Scrapbook Circle)

Journaling pens-American Crafts & Creative Memories

Ink-Stampin' Up-Chocolate Chip

Tools-Date stamp, sewing machine, Fiskars border punch


Thanks for stopping by! Take care!

2 comments:

Karen W said...

Love the layout! Page Maps are just great. I try to visit the site often for inspiration. Thanks for sharing.
Rest up

Unknown said...

Stacy, that's really cute layout!
You know what's funny? I am also a Libra LOL