Friday, July 3, 2009

Celebrate!

I hope this finds all of you either enjoying your holiday weekend...or getting ready to! I am lucky enough to have a 3 day weekend! Whoo Hoo!!!


The small town that I live in has quite a July 4th celebration...this year our church youth group is serving a meal of hamburgers & hotdogs & the fixin's as a fundraiser. We have one more deposit to make on our upcoming trip to Kansas City for NCYC in November 2009, so we hope to do well at the meal! :0) Then the summer baseball teams will play ball and @ dark, our volunteer fire department will put on quite a spectacular fireworks display...I can't wait...that's my favorite part! Though I can't stand to be near fireworks in general...they kinda scare me!


My dad is turning another year older today (Happy Bday Dad!) so I thought I'd better make him a card...plus it was an excuse to play! This card is not masculine at all...in fact...I might be a little embarrassed to give it to him...but I think it turned out so darn cute! I was going for the red, white & blue theme in honor of July 4th...





Supplies used: White card base & royal blue cardstock-unknown, PP-The Paper Studio, Journaling spot-Cosmo Cricket Early Bird-Elements (from the July kit @ Scrapbook Circle), Chipboard bird-Creating Keepsakes KOTM-Mix It Up, Stamp & Ink-Stampin' Up. I also did a little bit of sanding & machine stitching.


I have been hoarding the TONS of chipboard that came in the Mix It Up kit from Creating Keepsakes...I figure it's about time to use it!







Thanks for stopping by! Take care!

1 comment:

Craftastic Life said...

adorable card!! I have an award for you on my blog. craftasticlife.blogspot.com