Sunday, March 14, 2010

{My Best Friend}

Hello, my fellow blogger buddies! Hope your weekend was fantastic! Mine has been great & the really good news? I am taking Monday off...YIPPEE!!! & Friday too...double YIPPEE!!! I'm headed to the BIG city on Monday to do some spring shopping (& goofing around with the boys) and then Friday our family is volunteering @ the Special Olympics State Basketball tournament...really looking forward to that!


Just want to send a shout out to EAD Designs...thanks for sharing my "nerdy bird" card on your blog :o) & to Amy at Caffinated Cropper...she has a fun new kit she is selling (GO CHECK IT OUT!) and I won some EAD Designs vinyl rubons from her...thanks Amy :o)


I have a PageMaps inspired layout to share with you today...I am really tickled with how it turned out, but first the details! PageMaps Blog is hosting a Cricut Giveaway...YES, a Cricut Giveaway by A Cherry On Top!!! I have been wanting a digital cutter for a long time now, just haven't been willing to shell out the big bucks yet...maybe I won't have too :o) ha, ha!


Here's the sketch & the only other rule is that you have to use the theme of Appreciation...



My layout: My Best Friend




This photo of me & my DH is a favorite from last summer...& he really is my best friend! The journaling reads: I cherish those moments in time where it's just you & me...we are best friends!


I broke open the Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety scrapbooking kit that recently arrived at my door from Scrapbook.com & found some fun patterns that I'm lovin'!


Here's a few fun closeups:








Aren't these chipboard cherries cute? They came from a Creating Keepsakes kit of the month "Mix It Up"...



Supplies: PP-Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety-Sunday picnic (both sides) & bloomers, Mini die cut circle label-Jenni Bowlin, Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety-cardstock stickers, Journaling card (cut into strips)-Jenni Bowlin, Thickers Daiquiri-American Crafts, Vintage Findings-word fetti expression stickers-American Crafts, EK Success-binding edge border punch, Chipboard cherries-CK KOTM "Mix It Up", Martha Stewart journaling pen, date stamp, Stampin' Up ink-Glorious Green, zig zag machine stitching, ric rac-unknown

Thanks for stopping by! LOVE to read all of your comments! Take care!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I really like this layout!! I think the clean lines are wonderful, and you have a great color scheme!

Diana Waite said...

Hi STACY!! Okay CONGRATS!! to all your success!! And this layout is just great! Good luck!! :)

Liz Chidester said...

This is really cute Stacy!