Wednesday, March 10, 2010

FINALLY found some scrappy time :o)

I think I was dangerously close to suffering from scrappy withdrawal...& that was SCARY! LOL! I'm a BIG fan of the wonderful sketches over @ Sketchy Thursdays...& just haven't had any time to play along...until now :o) I have a feeling my post is a little past the deadline, but I still wanted to share my layout!



So here's the sketch...




I had some San Diego vacation photos laying out & decided that a couple of the kayaking photos would work well with the sketch. Please forgive me for the POOR photos...they were taken with a waterproof camera (I didn't want to chance ruining my digi) so they are not the greatest, but I still wanted to document this fabulous part of our trip!



Paradise Found:





Absolutely nothing fabulous or amazing about this layout...& I'm ok with that. Girls, there is something very liberating about creating something that YOU love & keeping it simple :o) Sometimes I feel such pressure to create something that will knock your socks off...that's when its not fun for me anymore. So...that said, I love this because it documents our life...our family vacation...it gets our story told.




Here's a few closeups:






This fun journaling spot is by Little Yellow Bicycle...I love it! I was worried that it would be hard to journal on, but it was amazingly easy! I used a little bit of clear adhesive dots to secure & then decided it would be fun to add some stitching...love how it turned out!







Supplies: Cardstock-unknown, PP-Making Memories, Stickers-Making Memories, Flower-Making Memories, Journaling spot-Little Yellow Bicycle-Clear Cuts, Button-Favorite Findings (Walmart), Journaling Pen-Martha Stewart & some zig zag machine stitching!





Thanks for stopping by! Take care!


No comments: