Friday, August 14, 2009

Another SPCC project! & Join Scrapbook Circle on Facebook!

Happy Friday all! I just LOVE to see them roll around each week! This is our last free weekend before the boys start back to school on Monday...I have been in such denial...the summer just went way too fast!




After creating the "Thinking of You" card for SPCC color combo challenge #10, I realized that a frame that I rec'd as a RAK from a very special blogger buddy was just the perfect item to alter...AND...it fit the Pale Plum color category!!!


Once again, here is SPCC #10:






And my altered frame:




This Bazzill magnetic mini frame is just the cutest little thing! But it was very plain...so I thought I'd "alter" it a bit...LOVE how it turned out! Now I just need to find a photo of ME...then will give it to my DH :o)


The flower on this was created just like on the card shown in my last post: I cut it out of pp, then added some Ranger Stickles Star Dust and finished off the center with a clear button & some twine. Super simple, yet adds lots of dimension to this little project!




Another great thing about this project was that I dug into my supplies & pulled out some KI Memories cardstock border stickers...I first used the strips along the top & bottom of the frame, then realized that the perfect color of circle stickers were left behind after another one of the border stickers had been used on a previous layout...






See the circle stickers that got left behind once the border sticker had been used? Well, they were perfect for this project! I added just a little bling to finish them off :o)


***************************************************************************




As a member of the design team at Scrapbook Circle, I am happy to announce that we now have a fun fan page on Facebook! It is brand new, so we'd love for you to come & join us!


Scrapbook Circle Fan Facebook Page


***************************************************************************


Well, once again it is past my bedtime, so it's time to sign off for now! Be sure and check out my BLOG GIVEAWAY if you haven't already done so! The link is at the top left column of my blog! The comments are coming in pretty steady...I'd really LOVE to add a few more goodies to the giveaway...I'd say by Monday I will be adding a little bit of "lemonade" (hint, hint)


Thanks for stopping by! Take care!


13 comments:

Diana Waite said...

LOVE how your frame turned out! TOTALLY cute!

Susan said...

I love your frame - great use of the colors.

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Cute little frame. I really like that you used items from your leftover stash.

Smiles!
Gwen

Stephanie said...

Such a great frame! Love this take on the colors! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job. Love the frame! Thanks for playing along at SPCC!

Melisa-SP Diva

suzARTe said...

this is a really lovely frame. The colours look fantastic together. Thanks again for your blog award, I will be posting this on my blog tonight

Daniella said...

I love altering items!! The frame came out wonderful!!
Good for you, taking a second chance for the copics at SPCC!!!

Gwen said...

this is great!! love that color combo...will be using that one for sure!! :)

Liz Weber said...

Hiya Stacy, thanks for the lovely blog visit and yes small word with the surname!!!

Just LOVE your Bazzill Frame - how creative are you - the colours look beautiful together and I just love how you have jazzed up the embellishments! Thanks for the inspiration!

~kelly marie~ said...

This frame is gorgeous! I just love it!

Emily said...

So neat. I love seeing altered project ideas.

Emily-SP Diva

Craftastic Life said...

Adorable Frame!!

thescrapmaster said...

WOW STACY! This is fantastic!!!!
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator
http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com