Sunday, May 3, 2009

Scrapbook Circle May Kit....

The May Kit "Simply Delightful" from Scrapbook Circle arrived @ the post office last Monday...& I could hardly stand it until I was able to create with it! The kit is sold out, but new subscriptions will receive the June kit (it's gonna be AMAZING!!!) and I understand there are extra kits for June, so if you want one... ;0)


I have had so much fun with the kit so far...& I'm still creating!!! So first up is a fun layout inspired by Sketch #17 @ 52sketches52weeks. My nephew was so cute on Easter and he really is just a goof!

Here's "silly goose":




& a close up of the title...these Jillibean Soup alphas are such a cute font! and the Fancy Pants Rubons are super easy to apply!






This fun spiral journaling paper included in the kit is so cute! & I left the fringe on to add some dimension to my page...so fun! and the Fancy Pants Delight cards are adorable!!!





Next up is a layout I created using Pink Sketch #29. I have wanted to do a layout featuring each of my kiddos and the things that were unique to them @ their current age...so got one done for Jeremy...isn't he a handsome dude!!! I also recently downloaded the free Picaso 3 photo editing software...& it was really fun to play with! I did a b & w treatment on the photo and added text directly to the photo for the title.


Here's "16 things about you":



This layout has a ton of patterned papers: Fancy Pants Delight Bubbles is the background & is so cool in real life! It has journaling lines, so was perfect for this project! Also, I used pieces of Fancy Pants Delight Spice & Delight Strips, American Crafts Craft Fair and Pebbles Inc Skipping Along Collection Carefree (one of my faves). The Fancy Pants Delight Rubons that I added to this really give it a funky teenager vibe...I think!?! LOL!!!


My 3rd project created with the kit is {main street} and I really like how it turned out. I took these photos in our home town and LOVE the water tower photo...then I created a collage of other spots on main street with b & w photos...then cut the collage into strips.





I used some fabulous scrappy goodies on {main street}...Fancy Pants Delight Thoughtful is the background pp...& it is just beautiful!!! I also used Fancy Pants Delight cards & Delight strips and the cut out scroll is from Pebbles Inc Patchwork. The buttons & journaling spot are Jenni Bowlin. My DH really liked this layout...thinks I should email the water tower photo to our city clerk to see if they would like to use it on the city website...that would be cool, huh???


Finally, I created this card for the challenge @ FunFrilled. The challenge this week was to create a 30 minute "Rachel Ray" card. I was inspired by the wonderful Mother's Day card examples in a recent email from Scrapbooks, etc.



Everything is from the Scrapbook Circle May Kit, except for the card base, Stampin' Up sentiment stamp and the Paper Studio Spare Parts silk flower brads...I have been saving those for something special ;0) Did lots of zig zag machine stitching and of course, used my Fiskars Threading Water border punch!


Okay, I think after this long post, I am exhausted...or could it be because I was up until nearly 5AM hanging out with a bunch of high school kiddos at the After Prom Party 2009??? Gotta share some cool pics with ya...soon, very soon!!!


Take care & thanks for stopping by!



No comments: