Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter...how about a Christmas layout???

So I thought that things would SLOW down after basketball season...yeah right! Who am I kidding? Apparently, only myself!


After a LONG withdrawal from all things scrappy...I snuck in a little bit of time last night. Want to know what inspired me? Well, the American Crafts blog...that's what! They have fun challenges EVERY week, but this is the FIRST time I have actually played along!!!



So, what to create? I dug thru my very small supply of Flair :o( and decided to go with the Christmas ones I picked up at Hobby Lobby last year....I tried a card, but my MOJO just wasn't feeling it. SO....I retrieved the pile of Christmas card photos we received in 2009 and decided to do a collage of those photos. I kept it super simple and tried something new for me...a double page 8.5 x 11 layout...on white cardstock. LOVE the results!!!




And a few closeups of my FLAIR...



This little tree is so cute...



I really LOVE the clean & simple look to this layout...really lets the photos shine! (I think I was trying to channel Ali Edwards here...photos + words...gotta love it!)


Supplies: White cardstock-Walmart, Red cardstock-Creative Memories, Flair by American Crafts, Fiskars Threading Water border punch, zig zag machine stitching, Martha Stewart journaling pen, The Paper Studio-sentiment stamp, Stampin' Up-Real Red ink, date stamp


Thanks for stopping by! Wishing everyone a wonderful Easter weekend! Take care!

8 comments:

Claude said...

I have so much AC products that I participate in pretty much all of their challenges! Good for you for trying out!
I'm going to do a Christmas layout too for this challenge since the only Flair I have are Christmas ones, lol!

georgia keays said...

what a cool layout, a great topic and the flair look great!

said...

Really gorgeous layout! Love the photos and your use of Flair!

Samantha Taylor said...

What a great LO! Your use of flair is perfect.

nancy said...

Love how you fit so many photos on one page but the design still looks clean. Gorgeous!

Kristen said...

Great double pager! and I love the Lincoln Brewster song you had playing! :)

Kristen said...

Oh wait...my bad...it's Matt Maher, right? I had Lincoln on the brain!

Kelly Massman said...

Love that you have multiple pictures on your layout--that is what i like to do, too! It's great to preserve memories and you can still make them cute! Though most of my postings are single picture layouts...